Cheaper Than A Geek! specializes in onsite setup, repair and maintenance for just about all information technology systems. They are unique in that they charge by the service; no hourly rates. That means up front pricing and no surprises! They also do not require contracts, understanding that good pricing and great service is their best insurance for future business. CTAG has earned an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Areas served in Maryland: Anne Arundel and Prince George’s counties, especially Laurel, Bowie, Greenbelt, Crofton, Annapolis, Odenton, Crownsville, Gambrills, and Beltsville.
They also offer remote support options for the rest of the planet!
Ask for Chris!
Cheaper Than A Geek!!!
Laurel, MD 20707
Version 15.12.55 is now available and downloadable from our web site. Go to Client Login and log in to access the new version.
Download the documentation as well: 1512.doc.
For assistance with your update, contact support at (410) 602-9250, or email@example.com.
“I’m a (insert your title here) and I don’t want to change!”
Software systems never stop growing and neither should you. That’s not to say you need better software or the latest iPhone. I would rather you think about growth when it comes to efficiency and the proper use of what tools you have and plan to have.
We have all met that one person in life completely unwilling to change the way they do things. This outlook on life is fine for some industries. That said it does not work so well in industries that are in a constant state of change, growth and new compliance/safety standards. Our society enforces regulations and compliance standards so it’s our duty to follow them or work to change them.
Imaging if you will a Healthcare Provider from the past working in the present that won’t stop recommending cigarettes for stress relief? There are hundreds of examples that change is a much needed and a necessary part of life. So embrace it and learn to control it before it controls you. Healthcare IT systems are one of the biggest changes to healthcare in the last 100 years. You are the founding members of the EMR so help set the standard.
Below I will outline a few simple tips to make any Healthcare IT “change” a better and more profitable experience.
- Slow down and give yourself the proper “learning experience”.
- Just like a diagnosis takes a certain amount of time to treat, IT systems take a certain amount of time to install and learn. Both treatments and IT systems require different amounts of time for different people.
- You would not want a patient to rush treatment by taking all there medicine at one time so don’t expect to speed up the process of installing or learning new systems.
- In the end listen to the professionals that do the work every day they know what they’re talking about.
- Learn a new IT system just like you would learn a new treatment plan. Don’t skip ahead or simplify processes.
- Never assume anything “take a clinical approach to IT
- Ask lots of questions don’t expect to just get what you want magically.
- Take notes and use email to communicate so you have a record of your questions and answers. (just like a patient chart.
- Always pay your dues “put in the time required to become (or hire) a pro or super user”
- Take time away from work to learn. Healthcare products can affect patient safety if not properly used so look at your healthcare IT systems like you would any clinical tool. Learn it to the last drop, or hire someone who will.
- Remember there are two IT worlds. The “home computer world” and the “office computer world”.
- Just because a system works great at home doesn’t mean it’s meant for your office.
- Search online to make sure a product is HIPAA complaint or certified for healthcare use before using it in your office.
- Remember because of the strict healthcare guidelines your IT systems will always seem to be a few years behind the latest greatest technology. Think of it like clinical trials for IT systems.
- Make change fun and stay positive.
- Every person working in a healthcare setting is affected by change. It is very important that every team member from Provider to assistant keep negative comments to a minimum and instead bring up concerns at a time that they can be managed. A person in the front lines of a battle does no good complaining about the gun fire the same is true for new IT systems. Complaining takes you off task and should be saved for meetings and leadership.
- As a healthcare trainer I have kept a smile through some of the worst times any company could go through on a new system and I have always been told how much it helped to see me calm and happy.
- Most of all make sure your patients see happy workers. There is nothing worse than walking into a healthcare building and being welcomed by bad attitudes. Don let computers get the best of you at the end of the day patients and promoting healthy living are all that matter.
Remember no matter how good your computer system it will only be as useful as its operators.
Level Input, LLC
Our friends Adam Seidel and Tracey Young at Level Input had worked with many of our customers, even before we knew who they were. These go-getters are smart, helpful and reliable. They will travel nearly anywhere in the mid-Atlantic area, and often beyond that. You will love working with them – they communicate well and show up on time. Oh, and they are getting married! Contact Level Input for EMR/EHR, Consulting, Training, Work Flow and IT for single docs, small practices, and medium sized or multi-location practices.
Service area: Entire mid-Atlantic region
Web site: http://www.levelinput.com
Adam’s cell: (301) 717-1895
Tracey’s cell: (410) 596-7888
Office: (717) 81409693
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Brian Knauff is one of our most reliable, trusted resources. He’s worked with our customers for more than 17 years, and knows his way around any type of IT problem. Brian specializes in Healthcare IT, and is as comfortable working with hospitals as he is with single docs. Always cheerful and ready to help, Brian comes highly recommended for our Medical Mastermind and EMR customers.
Contact Brian for: Computer Sales & Service, Networks, Document Imaging, EMR and Practice Management Implementation.
Service Area: MD, PA, VA
We’ve been working with Charlie Muller and his crew for nearly a year, and our
customers just love him. The thing about Charlie is, you really get more than you pay for. He’s an obsessed computer junkie, ever since he could reach the keyboard of his Commodore 64. (He doesn’t look as old as he is!)
Contact Charlie for: Consulting, Upgrades, Networking, Programming, Web Sites, Setups, Troubleshooting, Teaching, Medical Mastermind PM and EMR Implementation.
Serving: MD, PA, VA, DE